Sunday, May 3, 2009

In-gu-ri-su~

Or English.

Blog-hopping is one of my favourite online activities. I've hopped from Alice to Keii, from Keii to Phuiyee, closed Phuiyee's blog, then hop to Firesky. Done with comments, hop to Xiaxue, then on to some random blogshops.

I visit Xiaxue more often though, then Firesky =) That girl finally updates a little more regularly T_T Bless her~

Her post entitled "Eeeeeeengleeeeeeeesseeeee" had me laughing on the floor XD

And no there were not so many e's but it was quite long =)

Sorry Alice I have to disagree with you when it comes to this whole English matter =) In fact I don't understand why people don't practice English more often @_@ It's, what, one of the most important languages in the world? An important medium of communication between different races and cultures =) It's an international language for crying out loud >_<

Sure we are pure chinese, but that is no reason for us not to learn the proper way to speak English. And may I also point out that many chinese these days don't know how to speak mandarin? Lack of chinese schools wth. And yes of course there are people who are less educated and don't know English well enough but then as a blogger I think we have a responsibility to tell our readers, indirectly, the correct way to use English =)

I is a girls.

=_____________=

Seriously. Is it really that hard? =(

What I don't understand is, why everyone can speak Malay just fine, when we have been learning English for just as long as we have been learning Malay? =_= Don't you think it's funny? We learn English in kindergarten, then in primary school, then in secondary school! @_@ And when we go to university most of the courses will be conducted in English! We learn English our whole life, and yet many of us are facing difficulties with it =_=

I am not saying it is wise to use complicated bombastic English in blogs or in fact, anywhere else, as I myself find it difficult to understand it (me not being quite as good T_T), but I think it wise to, at least, use proper grammar =)

Oh yeah just as an added bonus, I will slap the next person who calls me an "ang moh" wannabe (no not you Alice I know you won't) You call a person who merely speaks good English an "ang moh" wannabe? Ooooooh then you go to Japan and try to speak to them in Chinese la, see what they say =_= Make sure you tape it. Reminds you never to call us English-speakers ang moh wannabes again =o= In fact, I think it might actually motivate you to learn English properly for a change =_= Don't "kua sui" Japanese English lo! They can speak. They just don't want to.



P.S: I have had my share of people who call me an "ang moh" wannabe, even if they don't say it to my face =_= Seriously. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

3 Comments:

PrincessAnnA said...

~_~ die la.
i always use short forms for words that i create myself....

sumtimes=sometimes
meself=myself
alwiz=always
etc...
my language LOLZ XP

and i use alot of "la"

hahahahahah

sorry ya.
but no 1 reads my blog anyway
so WTH.

hehe

Firesky said...

Areeee.....Nihonjin no Eigo wa....nanka warui desu ._.

But the point is, in a multiracial country where English is taught in school for what, at least 11 years? and not being able to speak decent English...is just...pathetic =_= I am not ang moh wannabe. I am ang moh trapped in Chinese body kyufufu >D

Firesky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.