Sunday, June 21, 2009

I am Hermes and I am learning how to blog


Hello everyone. My name is Hermes.

I am here in front of the computer scratching my feathered head wondering what is so great about this world called "Blogosphere" that my mistress Yumimi is so obsessed about.

I assure you that this is me.

This is really me.

Please don't laugh.

You are still laughing.

Why are you still laughing? I am a newbie! Don't bully me!

Haih.

And here I am typing out a story for a bunch of people who are laughing at me. What? You think it's easy to type with feathery hands? One of which forever attached to a Jack-O lantern?

Even HE is laughing at me! *smacks Jack-O lantern*

Alright.

I am actually from Starbucks. You know the American cafe that everyone loves? Especially its Mochas? Hehe the Mocha Frappucino with Java Chips is Yumimi's personal favourite, often with a dash of hazelnut syrup.

Anyway I was bought by Yumimi's boyfriend one day along with Pumpkin and Ginger.

And we were handed over to Yumimi to care for. She picked me up, pinched me on the nose and body and all over, and named me after Percy Ignatius Weasley's pet grey owl from Harry Potter, Hermes. The other bears were named Pumpkin and Ginger respectively because...

Well, they ARE Pumpkin and Ginger. HAHA!

Anyway, Yumimi is feeling drained and tired after a day of work. She says she is in no condition to blog so she asked me to fill in for her instead.

I proceeded to tell her that I did not know how to blog but she has already fallen asleep.

She also told me to include some things she would like to tell her readers.

I asked politely for her to tell her readers using her own words.

She slapped me.

So here I am, typing this out with my feathery paws. With a burn on my cheek.

I shall start by stating Yumimi's disgust at what society is making of her and her blog these days.

Apparently, readers would pick on her blog when she is being bitchy, showering her with spiteful comments and challenging her on their own blogs.

But when she makes an effort to blog about something nice and fluffy, society gives no damn about it.

I must say this is rather rude of you readers. No matter how bitchy she is about inconsiderate smokers, it is her complaints and just a girl's rants. And just because we are already breathing in smoke (since the air is already polluted) it doesn't mean that it is okay to breathe in MORE smoke.

Yumimi also asked me to point out that since the air is already polluted, humans should be working to improve the environment, instead of making it worse.

Yumimi also suggests that, the next time somebody slaps you, you should just turn your face right around and offer to let them slap the other cheek. Because apparently, "scolding people like they are so smart themselves" is wrong when someone else started the fight.

She asks of you to imagine what you would do if your boyfriend's ex-girlfriend comes right into your house and slap you. She herself scoffed that she will smack her around the head and proceed to burn her (the ex-girlfriend's) hair over the stove.

She would also like to express how funny she finds it when, rejoicing at the fact that she is getting into her dream university, people actually says she is being inconsiderate.

Because she did not consider the feelings of those who had failed to secure a place in the local uni.

She finds this statement absolute bullshit as she cannot find any part of her blog entry offending to non-uni-gonnabe-students. She did not openly insult them, nor did she say she is above them. So why can she not express her joy and happiness in her own blog?

She would like me to say that this is ludicrous and stupid that people would turn a harmless post offending. It seems to her, and to me also, by the way, that these stupid people are plainly just trying to find fault with her, no matter what she blogs about.

On the other hand, she also told me to, after dissing stupid people who cannot appreciate her, to say thank you to people who DO care and know she is just another harmless girl on the street. Yumimi says a hearty "Thank you" to Eve, Emily, Leonard, Brendan, Chester, Ann-Marie, Jimmy, Mrs Khor, Tan, Wan, and Cat. You all have been nothing but lovely. Even a stuffed toy like me knows. Hehe~

Aah~ I hope I have written enough. Yumimi says that I must write a good long post for her to wake up to in the morning. Or she will stuff me into a dark corner of her closet for the rest of the year.

Please pray for me -my- readers.

*******

UPDATE

Yumimi says sorry if she really misunderstood. Hehe~

1 Comments:

PrincessAnnA said...

~_~

hi hermes~ can you pass a message to your mistress for me....?

^_^

it all boils down to the fact that you don't need to feel down or upset...

because humans are like this. they will argue for just about anything, and will comment whatever they want.

so basically, just continue bloggint about anything you want, without the consideration that what people think of you or what sort of comments that you might get.

then, perhaps you can be happier.