Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting Up

In these few short weeks I've been going through an emotional roller-coaster, dealing with personal struggles, but knowing at the same time that there are things that I need to do.

Life goes on, no matter what had happened.

I have friends around me who are also struggling. It really isn't a good start to a year.

But whether good or bad, the earth doesn't stop spinning. The clock continues ticking. And we continue breathing.

The hardest part about dealing with emotions, is knowing that we cannot just escape reality and bury ourselves in the mess and expecting it to go away just like that. We still have to continue going to work, going for classes, doing our laundry, filling our tummy.

I remember the first few days of the turn of events. I didn't want to do anything. The worst thing was that I had no appetite. My body was screaming for food, but I just couldn't feed it. I'd swallow a few mouthfuls and throw the other three quarters of my plate away.

It was unbearable.

I've heard from most friends too, what they are going through. A few had break-ups, a few had fights, some are going through career problems, and one who's father just passed away.

Those who I know anyway @@

But then again, there are good news too. A friend found new love, a relative is getting married, and another had a new-born baby.

Life is amazing, isn't it? =)

Sometimes we fall, but the process of picking ourselves up, is what helps us grow.

And God is wonderful. He gives us trials, but He will always help us pull through.

And perhaps all this happened for a reason. Because I am now single again, I have more time for myself, to discover myself, to love myself more, and to give more time to my Heavenly Father.

So to all my friends who are going through emotional turmoil, be strong =) Because it will all come to pass. And as my senior tells me:

"When shit happens, you know something better is waiting."

Don't worry my loves =D We are survivors ^o^

0 Comments: