Friday, August 29, 2008

You call this a theme??? @______@

This

THIS!

To me

Is neither a THEME

nor a TOPIC

It's a TITLE

Yes a title!

A straight title like an essay we would write in school, only much more interesting XD

It actually went like this. "Of Wine, Music, and Chocolates" but I changed the order to suit my philosophy XDD

Ah Sir is starting to give us tough and challenging topics XD

Enjoy! ^O^

Of Chocolates, Wine, and Music

***

Romance, to me, can be seen in three things: chocolates, wine, and music. I've always been fascinated by how exciting romance can be. Every Valentine's Day, the boyfriend turns up on the girlfriend's doorstep, carrying in his arms a bouquet of red roses, a beautifully wrapped gift, and a box of chocolates. And then they'd head out for a candlelight dinner, complete with red wine and a pianist, tenderly playing tunes to boost the intimacy between the love birds.

In every romance story, the non-existence of chocolates, wine, and music are near impossible. The combination of these three simple things almost guarantees an exciting evening, be it at the beach, in a gourmet restaurant, or even at home.

After a lot of pondering on this subject, I have come to my own conclusion, too, that "people", can also be categorised into these three things. In the matter of romance, that is. Of course it would be lovely to have the whole package, but nobody is perfect. As they say, Beauty is seen in the eyes of the beholder. What is perfect to you, may not be perfect to others.

First up, let me talk about chocolates. Who can resist the taste of chocolates in their mouths? The bittersweet taste, whether solid or melted, will leave you craving for more. It is also proven to have soothing effects. Hence, a "chocolate" person is one that has a "sweet mouth". He is charming, sweet, and knows exactly what a woman likes to hear. His sweet-talking will leave her swooning on cloud nine, and she will most probably love to go back for a second "helping".

But then, too much chocolates is never good for anybody. His sweet-talking may be merely words strung together without meaning. The heart may not be there. Besides, how long can a woman listen to nothing but those charming words? She would be bored soon, wouldn't she? And falling all the way from cloud nine is anything but painless.

I have never had wine before but I guess I know what "wines" are like. Drinking wine is much more relaxing than eating chocolates, and much, much more exciting. It makes a person light-headed, washing away all worries. A "wine" is a person who is adventurous, fun, and exciting to be around. Whether he's a "strong wine" or a "mild wine", it is still exhilarating. Most women love to date "wines", because they claim that: "My life has changed because of him."

Then again, it can also be quite tiring. Drinking too much wine may result in a person losing control of themselves. This also applies to the subject of romance. The exhilaration experienced in such relationships seldom spell forever. Like when you're riding on a roller coaster. You can ride on it again and again, but the excitement felt can only last for as long as you are experiencing the ride. After a certain number of rounds depending on the individual's capability, the rides have to stop, and so does the excitement.

Now how about music? Music, to me, is the most romantic of the three. It is full of emotion and passion, and it makes small things around us seem big and meaningful. Therefore, to me, a "music" is a person that brings out the best in another, one that another soul needs to soothe worried thoughts and troubled memories. Be it a "classic", "rock", or "contemporary", or any other kind of "music", he is the one that makes you feel tranquility and at peace.

But music can also be boring after a while, no? Especially when it is slow. A "music" is adventure-less and very often dull. Maybe not all of them, but most. Despite feeling loved and appreciated, a woman still needs that exhilaration once in a while, doesn't she?

All that is the result of my reflection on the subject of romance. Now the interesting part.

Of Chocolates, Wine, and Music.

Which one would you pick?

8 Comments:

Firesky said...

Oh nya you you took my line about the roller-coaster thing =o=
I would pick neither >D
I would pick..... BISHIES!~
WAHAHAHAHAHAHA *bricked*
No no I'd take fire 8D (for VERY obvious reasons kyufufu >D)

Yumimi said...

Yeah I know it's your line X_X but i did add some other things right? I didn't copy "bulat-bulat" XD
Hey pick one out of the three!!! Where got choices like fire and bishies?? Bishies i want also la~! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
anyway u didn't say wat u think about the whole thing @_@ nyaa~

Firesky said...

Harr tahu pun. I should add a © symbol to all my phrases next time fuahahahaha >D
@x@;;;
Pick one? .... ... ... seriously neither =______= none of it is the 'cold, silent bishie' attribute =____= So how on earth do you expect me to choose? You know my type right =O= Anyway yah as a whole rather interesting harharhar my unconditional love harharhar... wth... I hope I can get it done by this week T_______T Which means by tomorrow... but tomorrow my Ren-chan's birthday! XDDDDD
=___= don't mind me =____=
okay swt i think this is turning more into a 'messaging' space than a 'comment' space =O=

Firesky said...

But why all also men attribute mia should include guy's POV on girls also IMO ^^

Yumimi said...

Wah O_O I'll need to do survey first la @______@ for goodness sake I'm a GIRL O_____________O I dunno wat guys want or wat they think of girls ma~ X________X hmm....maybe I'll do so with another theme in the future @@ thanks for teh suggestion ^o^

Anonymous said...

I choose neither. I hate music and any loud noises. I'm Allergic to alcohol and chocolate contains lactose which my body can't tolerate..

Can i have sugar free mints and the golden sound of silence ? Thanks !

Leonard

Yumimi said...

How hypocritical of you =_= and to think that you have 40 gigs of music in your computer yourself =O= jeez...

danchan said...

wa...interesting approach to the TITLE (u r right...it's not a theme)
as for choices...a little bit of each of the three things at the right time would be soooooooooo perfect...wishful utopian thinking, huh?
anyway definitely a good write!