Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sunrise & Sunset: The Beginning and the End...

The first poem in my blog XD okay it doesn't rhyme in most places but I reckon this is pretty much better than most of my old poems. Mind you, if I write out the original version it's gonna be twice longer than my previous two stories put together =_= The second theme I got from Mr Chan "Sunrise & Sunset"

Enjoy ^o^

***
I had no idea how I got there...
The lawn was so beautiful...
So divine...
I felt like I was in Heaven.

My bloodstained dress was torn and ragged.
I left bloody footprints wherever I tread.
The sword in my chest continued dripping.
And I was aware that I was dying.

Finally, I collapsed on my back,
breaking the sword as I did,
sending a hundredth bout of pain
throughout my already drained body.

The sun was setting, casting a fiery glow to the sky.
I remembered...That fateful day ten years back.
The sky looked exactly the same...
When my "life" truly began.

How can two things so alike be so different?
I was born without a parent,
blessed with beauty, but cursed with monstrous power.
Hated beyond grief, doomed to stay forever lonely.

You brought me out of the dark forest,
nurtured me with care,
went against the objections of your people.

For the first time in my life...
I felt peace.
I experienced joy, whenever I learn something new,
sadness when you left,
and love when you were there.

Now the Snow Witch is dead.
You and your people are safe.
I leave our son in your care,
as I can no longer be there.

Ten years back, you gave me new life as the sun rose.
The same day ten years later, I shall go as the sun sets.

Thank you, My Love...
Farewell...

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent poem. Liked it especially the ending ! but it does remind me of some things like snow white, and the white bitch...i mean the white witch. Lol

Yumimi said...

Thank you~!!! XDDDDDDDD glad you like it ^O^

danchan said...

nice one again...neat
the talent is in you...keep on writing man....

Firesky said...

Araaaa... emo poem ka? >P And what's with the bloody thing? I thought you disliked bloodiness? O.o
But good job all the same <3
It sounds more like a short fic tho, I mean it in a good way, of course O.o

(Totally random : My word verification actually has the swt characters =o= as in, swtgkor =o=)

Yumimi said...

I am very flexible XD kekeke *piak-ed* actually this is the summary of the story i let you read earlier on [remember Anthony and Charles?] but it's friggin long so i shorten it lo XD glad you guys like it XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Arigatou gozaimashita!!! XD

danchan said...

next topic is 'signs'
(forget inspiration and passion)
happy writing!

Yumimi said...

Roger! XD